Monday, November 5, 2012

OPI Nude Comparisons

We all have those days, going through our stashes and you realize you have possibly three of the same polish. And you keep trying to get a certain one but you grab a near-dupe instead.  That inspired me to do a comp between three OPI polishes: Samoan Sand, Don't Pretzel My Buttons & Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?


The bottle shot sort of washes them all out and makes them look nearly identical, however, on then nail and nail wheel they're a bit different.


Shown above is enough coats of each to make them opaque. Samoan Sand was nearly 6 coats or so, while the other two were three coats. I wanted to show their color; Samoan Sand appears closer to Don't Pretzel My Buttons in the bottle than it does on the nail wheel. Don't Pretzel My Buttons reminds me of band-aids, haha.

Samoan Sand, Don't Pretzel My Buttons & Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?

Samoan Sand, Don't Pretzel My Buttons & Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?

Nail photos are three coats of each over Orly Bonder and sealed with Out the Door.  There was some VNL with Samoan Sand that didn't quite pick up as obvious as it seemed in real life.  The other two are straight up cremes with standard application and coverage, Samoan Sand is what I'd call a sheer jelly.

2 comments:

  1. This kind of reminds me of the Zoya Feel collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha im sure we all have a few forms of that collection in our stashes, dont we?

      Delete